Little help with animated gifs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jovan, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Jovan Active Member

Message Count:
    Hi to all.
    I would like to add some idea to wallpaper. Is there any posibillity to add animated gif to wallpaper but without moving, to set it for example in center and that is all, very simple.
    I am asking you for that because I have some problem with AVD so much time to figuring 100 combinations.
    Thanks !
  2. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    No, at this time it doesn't work.
  3. Jovan Active Member

Message Count:
    Ok,
    Thanks!
  4. Maximus Seasoned Vet

Message Count:

Wait, I am a little confused. Do you mean set a gif in the center and have it take up the ENTIRE wallpaper? If that's what you mean, yea I don't think Android allocates enough resources to the live wallpaper process for it to not run out of memory and crash. If you mean a small gif, one that won't require tons of memory, I'm pretty sure you can do that. Just set spawn method to center and set all properties (like speed and direction and rotation and stuff) to 0.
  5. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    The first one will not spawn in the centre. All the other ones will. So you need the first one to expire somehow.
  6. Maximus Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    Hmm, this would work with perfectly looped gifs then. Or unless you make it interactive so like, setting up the wallpaper would include tapping it once and then disabling interaction.