Safety of the LWP app in google play

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kazuki, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Kazuki New Guy

Message Count:
    Hey guys im new to this forum and also at making LWP...so far its okay, but there is one thing i wanna know is the safety of the lwp app in google play...like if i publish a paid one is there a way for people to steal it and then resell it in the google play as their own?If yea is there a way to protect the app?

Thanks in advance =3
  2. Joshua Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    Yes they can, they can steal your ideas and you won't be able to do anything about it unless you copyright your material.
  3. Kazuki New Guy

Message Count:
    Well they can steal my ideas sure but what i meant is..let say i made a cute hello kitty LWP and i put it in the market for 1$ can people steal my hello kitty LWP and put it in the market as their own?
  4. stollo770 LWC Major

Message Count:
    Hello Kitty is already trademarked. So you would be stealing from them. Also, there are hundreds of Hello Kitty live wallpapers out there already, so I doubt anyone would be stealing yours. There are so many that you will likely be taking the live wallpaper idea of someone else, on top of committing copyright infringement against Hello Kitty's original creators.
    Joshua likes this.
  5. Kazuki New Guy

Message Count:
    hmmm okay i think how i formulated my question makes people not understand what i meant...so basically the hello kitty was an exemple thats why i said (lets say)(i know its trademarked....)....lets take some concret stuff...so lets say i made a wallpaper of me(myself) and i added some super nice effect and stuff and i putted it on google play for 10$ and i get like 200k download....now what i want to know is....can someone take my actual wallpaper i made(the apk ,the content, and the rest of the stuff etc) and put it back on google play as their own(with their company name and their price...they can put for free also)...hope with this you guys can answer to what i actually want to know
  6. virajith Active Member

Message Count:
    yes bro there are lot of pirates in google play , even if u make a advanced lwp with super super nice effect . It will be copied .

u cant do anything but watch them earn more , also u cant complaint anyway once try to compain u will get headache (lot of choose the correct words boxes...which google automatically guesses what u want to complaint). i have a terrible development experiences ....i earned 0$ from ads till now

i got banned once so started deveoping on my own . i wanted to differentiate my self so stopped ads after banned . Anyway extremely bad expereince as paid app publishing

@Vas once said there is lot of space in lwp market hmmm what he said was wrong ..google play is overly populated with apps

On top of that i dont have job even being extremely organised and talented compared to my friends who get job :( ...hell
  7. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    When I said it, there were certainly lots of opportunities on the market. Naturally, it grew over time and now it's a little bit more competitive.
    Best you can do for your app is to use proguard. Your graphics however are not safe at all.
  8. Kazuki New Guy

Message Count:
    ok thanks vas...i know for the content i cant do much about it but for my app i can is to use proguard...i did some research and that the best thing we all can do basically...and btw vas can you do a tutorial on how to use it in our lwp ?i didnt find any on the forum and on the net alot of them arent clear how to use it proprely.

Thanks