Airpush review/discussion

Discussion in 'Advertising Discussion' started by Vas, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    I'm currently using Airpush in some of my apps. My experience so far is less than satisfactory.

I migrated one my apps from Leadbolt as I was getting some low CPM rates for some 20,000 impressions. While the rate Airpush gave me was higher (especially in the first week), the number of impressions was quartered. Their stats showed only 4000 impressions, while Google Play dev console clearly showed that over 20,000 installed the new update with Airpush SDK. I had to increase the number of ads sent to 2 ads/day.

It's possible that some opted-out, or found another way around receiving ads, but I don't believe that the number was close to 16,000.

Fast forward two weeks. According to Airpush dashboard, the number of new installs and the number of impressions keeps fluctuating daily at a rather irregular rate. Some days, installs are in the double digits, where Google Play claims over 1000.
    Parallel to that, the number of impressions can go from a regular 20,000 to 10,000 and back. How? I really can't explain it. The earnings though seem to remain in the same area via a fluctuating CPM rate.

Garbage customer service, with a ticket still pending from 3 weeks ago in regards to the first issue.

It all seems extremely fishy to me. Zero transparency. Topped with the fact that they collect phone IDs and distribute them to third parties, it all screams "STAY AWAY!" to me.

The only good part is the weekly payout. Going to switch in the upcoming week.
  2. Maximus Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    Whoops, just posted a similar thread haha. Either way, I see on their page that SendDroid does weekly payouts too!

http://senddroid.com/developer-faq/
    I think you need to earn $100 weekly to qualify though, may be $200. Not sure. Does anyone else know?
  3. cLin New Guy

Message Count:
    Well, impressions usually means how many times the ad was viewed. So if your users were in a country where the fill rate was low, you could've had 20,000 users request an ad but they only had enough ad inventory to fill 4k. Cause of that, I normally don't care about ecpm, I just look at revenue. Cause if an ad network claims $30 eCPM but only serves me 2 ads, it's not going to pay my bills.
  4. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    Revenue is only as good as the factors that make it. You bring up an interesting point about ad inventory. My fill rates have been close to 100% though, so that can't be the issue.
  5. Maximus Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    Perhaps there's something wrong with the ad itself? I have my own application downloaded and whenever the ad pops up, I click it, and it more often than not takes me to a page that can't even be displayed. While the original message is still viewed in the notification window, I'm thinking maybe your problem is of similar nature. Purely a guess though :p
  6. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    Just signed up for SendDroid. So far nothing really to report! Though, their site doesn't work on Chrome >(
  7. Maximus Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    Hey Vas, I had that same issue too. Try turning off your Adblock. It works after you do that.
    Vas likes this.
  8. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    That did the trick!
  9. stollo770 LWC Major

Message Count:
    How's senddroid working out for you?
  10. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    So far so good! CPM rate is a little lower, but apparently they were having some issues with the hurricane. Will keep monitoring.
  11. stollo770 LWC Major

Message Count:
    Okay, please let me know if there is any improvement over Lead Bolt.