Analyzing a sudden loss of downloads

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steel Ape Studios, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Steel Ape Studios In the know

Message Count:
    I'm curious as to what others in the community do to analyze their downloads. Last month I had a wallpaper drop in downloads significantly overnight. In 48 hours time it went from 800 downloads average to less than 50. This particular wallpaper still has great ranking for the various search terms in the play store, though it is starting to drop after a month of crappy downloads.

I'm curious, has anyone else experienced sudden changes in their downloads, and if so, how do you research and analyze what happened?
  2. TheShadow Active Member

Message Count:
    Hi,i too have this problem.@Vas did you experience such?
  3. fatos LWC Major

Message Count:
    HI Steel ape before two days ago same thing happened to me. I have a successful live wallpaper and just for 24 hours time my live wallpaper went down minus 700 downloads. I cant believe this

Im referring from Leadbolt dashbord and not from my developer console
  4. sebastian Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    guys is absurd, also happened to me the same thing, or rather it happened to 2 live wallpaper tip, which are more downloads for 2 days and have had 2000 downloads per day and immediately rushed to 120 daily downloads ...
  5. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    Just got around to checking this out. Can't say I've noticed anything out of the ordinary yet. Are you guys still experiencing this, or is it back to normal? Could it have been a stats reporting issue?
  6. sebastian Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    guys I have a very bad news, I just got this email from google that basically says that we can not put more applications with ads or notification icon .... absurd, some of you have any ideas? I believe that we must also share other store alternative names to play store between us so that we can enroll on other store store as a work and earn money from these other stores, Oth-erwise how you do it?

to follow will post the email:

Making Google Play a great community for users is an important part of helping build a successful platform for you as a developer to distribute your apps. From time to time, we update our content policies as part of an ongoing effort to provide a secure and consistent experience for users. We strive to maintain clear guidelines for you as developers, to help us grow this platform and engage with those users.
    This email is to notify you that we’ve made some changes to our policies; here are some highlights:
    • Streamlined the ads policy, with guidance on interstitial ad behavior, and a new “System Interference” provision, which prohibits ads in system notifications or home screen icons, and requires user consent when an app changes specified settings on a device
    • A revised hate speech policy that provides more comprehensive coverage, while recognizing Google Play’s role as a platform for free expression
    • Clarification that the gambling policy extends to all games that offer cash or other prizes; that virtual goods and currency in games are subject to the payment processor policy, that incentives should not be provided to users to rate an app; that artificially inflating an app’s install count is prohibited, and that the Google Play Program Policy applies to all developer information or content made available on the Store.
    Please review the Google Play Developer Program Policy to see all the changes and make sure your app complies with our updated policies.
    Any apps or updates published after this notification are immediately subject to the latest version of the Program Policy. If you find any existing apps in your catalog that don’t comply, we ask you to fix and republish the application within 30 calendar days of receiving this email. After this period, existing applications discovered to be in violation may be subject to warning or removal from Google Play.
    We recognize that some developers will need to change their app and advertising practices to comply with the revised policy, but we believe these changes will help ensure all users and developers can maintain confidence in the standard of apps available on Google Play. Our aim is to foster a high standard of app behavior, so you will be able to take advantage of Google Play as a successful platform to distribute your apps and continue to grow your business.
    Regards,
    Google Play Team

Google Inc.
    1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
    Mountain View, CA 94043

You have received this mandatory service announcement to update you about important changes to your Google Play service or account.

guys and we have to find a solution, or another type of advertising for our livewallpaper
  7. Vas Origin

Message Count:
  8. Steel Ape Studios In the know

Message Count:
    @Vas - Sorry, just had a chance to check this. Yeah, it's still going on for me and I have no idea why. On the topic of ads, this wallpaper has none.
  9. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    @Steel Ape Studios
    You can look at more statistics for your app using appannie.com
    Maybe you'll find relevant to this issue there.