Can't open .apk files after building.

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by Why Not Game Hard, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Why Not Game Hard New Guy

Message Count:
    So I got the free version of LWC running and followed the tutorials. I got LWC to build and even install the app on an AVD. As well as installed the .apk by sending it via email to my phone. However, neither on my phone or on the AVD will it open. I can find it in my files. Unlike any of my other applications however, it will not open when I click it. Instead it is selected. Any ideas?
  2. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    Not sure I understand completely. If you installed the apk, then it should be in your live wallpaper picker. You won't find it in your files or app drawer.
  3. Why Not Game Hard New Guy

Message Count:
    Wow. Thanks for your reply. Helped more than you might think. So I didn't realize that live wall Papers opened through the Settings in my apps.
    Everything is working great. Just need to add advertisements now. I don't understand how that will work at all yet now though. I'll read up on that though. My other wallpaper creator installs an app which you enter and then choose to set it as your wallpaper which is why I was confused
  4. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    Many developers choose to include a shortcut icon to the live wallpaper whenever it's installed. Most users don't realize that live wallpapers natively don't appear in the app drawer, so it's not uncommon to see user reviews like "installed, but can't find it!". So it's easier to just include an app icon that may take them to a splash menu, or directly to the settings menu. You can learn how to do it by reading the Splash page tutorial :)
  5. Why Not Game Hard New Guy

Message Count:
    I just looked up the splash tutorial and will have to give that a shot. Thanks again. Also, if you get a chance I did post something in the job forums. You obviously know your stuff and I'd love to work with you.