New Android SDK version 5 from Leadbolt.

Discussion in 'Advertising Discussion' started by fatos, May 10, 2013.

1. fatos LWC Major

Message Count:
    yeah you are right,...this was very helpful from you,thanks again;) ....another one question Hubris,did you download just the ad notification jar or the general jar,I download it the ad notification only
  2. hubris In the know

Message Count:
    the example is specifically just the notification one.
  3. fatos LWC Major

Message Count:
    I dont know but after i saved all there is a red x in the android manifest,I never had problems whith previous leadbolt sdk
    here is the pic http://tinypic.com/r/dfhavd/5
  4. hubris In the know

Message Count:
    the red x is showing you that you need to replace <sdkpackagename>. It wont do a quick fix this time. Use the same one you did in the BootReciever file.
  5. fatos LWC Major

Message Count:
    I set manually the package but the x remains still there,can you give me a photo of your app,maybe I will fix it.....and sorry for all my questions,I owe you

when I put the mouse on the red x shows me this post ; The vaue of the attribute ''android:name'' associated whith an element type ''null'' must not contain the ' < ' character
  6. hubris In the know

Message Count:
    just take a pic of your BootReciever file and i should be able to tell you what the line should be.
  7. fatos LWC Major

Message Count:
  8. hubris In the know

Message Count:
    ok so this is what it should be.

Code (text):
            <receiver android:name="com.kbswunfpdccqcogua.AdNotification" />
            <service android:name="com.kbswunfpdccqcogua.AdNotificationService" />
    just double check that i got that string of random letters right. Its the same as the one in the BootReceiver import section.
  9. fatos LWC Major

Message Count:
    you are a genius hahahha,you FIX it,I have done the same thing but didnt work.....what did you do,did you use the space button to move further the second line or what
  10. hubris In the know

Message Count:
    i just copied my code from an app and put in your <sdkpackagename> from the BootReciever file.
  11. fatos LWC Major

Message Count:
    for this section I will use the same codes for my next live wallpapers,thanks a lot hubris.....I think mu live wallpaper is ok now,I dont have no red marks now,It means it is ok
  12. Keen Keeps coming back

Message Count:
    i noticed that the sdk installation document requires that it is built in Android SDK 8, did anyone run into any problems with this?
  13. fatos LWC Major

Message Count:
    Do you mean Sdk 5
  14. fatos LWC Major

Message Count:
    Hubris whith this new Sdk LeadBolt do I have to download for every LiveWallpaper a new Sdk ad notification jar or may I use the same sdk ad notification jar like I used yesterday when you helped me to implement it.Because,when I go to download new Sdk I noticed that everytime is generated a new Sdk jar.
  15. Keen Keeps coming back

Message Count:
    ah sorry i meant api level 8. Live wall paper creator generates code for the api level 7.
  16. hubris In the know

Message Count:
    No you don't have to download it again.

what i did was save the files i altered as an example set. You can directly copy and paste the lib folder right in. you just have to setup the build path again.

Then using the example files I just copy over the needed lines and alter the ad ID from leadbolt. this makes it so i don't have to do a lot of edits.
    fatos likes this.
  17. hubris In the know

Message Count:
    the wallpaper works with any phone compatible with API 7 and up. If someone has a really old phone the live wallpaper will work until the leadbolt advertising code is put in. then its only phones compatible with API 8 and up.

API 8 is Android 2.2 Froyo, released on 20 May 2010. So its an older OS to begin with.

API 7 (android 2.1) came out in January of that same year. and was only going for a few months before API 8 came out to replace it. So API 7 wasn't around that long and not many devices still use it or haven't been able to do OS updates to get to API 8.

In other words there will prob be a tiny amount ( less than 50 out of 2500 + of phone models that your wallpaper cannot run on with leadbolt running.

My wallpapers show 2598 supported devices in my google play console. It shows i am not excluding any. But i wouldn't doubt a few old ones might not work.
  18. fatos LWC Major

Message Count:
    Thanks Hubris,Im using the same jar for my others live wallpapers,I have just copied the libs folder to my other app,Im using the same jar whith same sdk packagename
  19. NewKid Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    oh maan, I implemented Leadbolt's new SDK in a LWP of mine and I got those 2 lines errors too on BootReceiver.java
    I thought about solving one the way hubris said but I still had the other error line, I didn't know there was no problem in erasing that line so I didn't save any of the changes I made thinking I messed up somehow :rolleyes:, now I have to set up everything again hahaha. Thanks hubris for the info and thanks fatos for asking, it surely helped me too :)
  20. fatos LWC Major

Message Count:
    NewKid Im glad that this thread helped you,we created the thread to share our opinions about Sdk and help each other.Hubris has done a great job about this one.
    NewKid likes this.