Upload Failed - Developer Console

Discussion in 'Archive - LWC 2.1' started by Steel Ape Studios, May 19, 2013.

1. Steel Ape Studios In the know

Message Count:
    Hey guys,

I'm trying to upload some new apks and I'm getting issues that I've never had before. I receive the following message:

"Your APK's package name must be in the following format "com.example.myapp". It may contain letters (a-z), numbers, and underscores (_). It must start with a lowercase character."

My package name is: SteelApeStudios.wallpapername

The obvious issue here is that my package name starts with a capital letter. The odd thing is I have apks that I've already uploaded prior and are working with no problems using the same package name style. I assume this is something new with Google, but I don't know how to fix it.

I could remake the license key with lower case instead of capitals, but then my previous apps won't work when updated (I assume).

Thanks for the help guys,
  2. NewKid Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    You have to rename the package name of your live wallpaper.
    It's easy following this tutorial that Vas posted: http://livewallpapercreator.com/com...hanging-the-package-name-of-your-project.139/

Remember to rename it to something like it appears there, for example: com.steelapestudios.wallpapername
    You can also add this: "_" to separate words if i'm not mistaken.

Edit: but also keep in mind that changing the package name will make your app different. For example if you already have it installed in your phone when you change the package name and install it again it won't replace the old one, it will install as a new app.
    You say you are trying to upload a new app so there's no problem, but I don't know how it would be if you were trying to update an app.
  3. Steel Ape Studios In the know

Message Count:
    Thanks @NewKid. Here's hoping I'm able to update my old apks by just changing to lowercase...