Codengo - new service promises to distribute your app to 20+ markets automatically

Discussion in 'Advertising Discussion' started by Fando, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Fando Administrator

Message Count:
    Have you heard of Codengo? I just got an email from them and checked out their site. Apparently Codengo is an app distribution service. You create one account with them and they take care of the rest by opening developer accounts with 20+ markets for you. Then any app you upload through their site gets automatically uploaded to all those markets saving you lots of time.

The idea is great, but I cannot figure out their business model. They claim that you retain complete control of all accounts that they create - after all they are your accounts. They also say that you get to keep 100% of your app earnings and they don't meddle in your revenue stream. What could be the catch? They have a pricing model on their site but I can't make any sense of it.

I really think that this is a smart idea and Codengo provides a great service. I just hope its as good as it seems. I figure I share that. Enjoy.
  2. James Rebello Active Member

Message Count:
    It's a subscription based service. You have to pay a particular amount for each app per month so that they will publish them for you in different app stores. The free plan only provides feature for 1 app per year and maximum of 5 app stores
  3. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    If it saves time and the markets are worth it...I'd rather pay than have to publish it all myself.
  4. hubris In the know

Message Count:
    just saw this thread another group is trying the same thing.

I signed up for inmobi app publish. i cant figure out the revenue model for them at all but i think they take a small percentage of paid apps.

Only thing that troubles me is you cant delete an app once its up. I have no idea if any of the stats are right. And lastly of the two apps (one free, one paid) they don't seem to get approved very fast.

If they get more transparent about how i get paid and the stats i will do more than just a test with them.

Its also a monster to get just one app done with the submission process. So many different screen shot sizes, a billion different description lengths. Took nearly 3 hours for just the first one. I cut that down to about 1.5 hours on the second one.

Oh an when you go to see the status of your submissions the load time is freeking forever.

Not sure if it will last or be good. But it looks like i got 6 sales after a month of waiting to figure out what the hell was even happening.

If it doesn't pay off or fix itself up i will write an email next month to have all of the apps removed.
    Maximus likes this.
  5. Maximus Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    Hmm I liked the idea of it at first but hubris brings up some very good points.

I see this was posted on the 6th, any luck with it yet hubris?
  6. hubris In the know

Message Count:
    no. unless someone with some real credentials comes out with a good way to do it i would stay clear of these.
    Maximus likes this.
  7. Maximus Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    Gotcha, thanks man.