Ad Mob - google

Discussion in 'Advertising Discussion' started by Jovan, May 22, 2013.

1. Jovan Active Member

Message Count:
    Hi there. I am thinking about admob from google. Does anybody tried and experimented with this kind of banner and text ads? I know that could be too invasive, but just figured out what is with the most popular service of ads?
  2. billuk3 Keeps coming back

Message Count:
    I use admob for other apps that I have ,and it works very well, but I dont think I would use them for wallpaper.
  3. Maximus Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    Admob doesn't do push notifications right?
  4. James Rebello Active Member

Message Count:
    Admob isn't for wallpapers as it only has banner ads.
  5. Jovan Active Member

Message Count:
    Yea, I figured that... Ig you put admob you would not have many installs.
  6. hubris In the know

Message Count:
    admob would only be able to be used in the settings screens for LWP. Not very useful really. only get views/impressions when someone changes the settings. Thats pretty rare.

But if you integrate leadbolt you might be able to setup an exit ad. They just came out with it a little while ago. The user hits the back button normally to leave an app. this triggers the exit ad with something like an app wall. I am going to try and get it working with one of my news reader apps this weekend. Once i get the hang of how it works and the code for it i will see if there is an easy way to do it for a LWP.

from what i hear the app wall ads pay out really good so if this comes up when the user exits the settings it could be really cool. and give another stream of revenue.
  7. Jovan Active Member

Message Count:
    Thanks hubris I think is worth try.
  8. hubris In the know

Message Count:
    found out a bit about exit ads this weekend. First off leadbolt exit ads blow ass to implement. I spent about half a day this weekend trying to make a simple news reader app use leadbolt exit ads. The result was a wasted and frustrated half day.

But good news i sat down and in about 5 minutes got the startapp exit ads implemented in the same app. They go about it totally different and i didnt have to rewrite half my button uses to do it. BTW the jar file for exit ads and startapp do not flag any antivirus or trust bla bla programs.

I have the home button working perfect so far and it will pop up an exit ad if the person uses the home button to leave my app. Back button prob not such a good idea since its used a lot in my app and i would rather the app isn't confused when to show the ad or not.

Now to get it working with a wallpaper app.
  9. Jovan Active Member

Message Count:
    What to say, that is the nature of modern technologies I guess...