Android live wallpaper in Nokia X?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by alpharka, Feb 24, 2014.

1. alpharka Keeps coming back

Message Count:
    We all know that Nokia has launched its latest mobile phone is the Nokia X series. This android based phone, I then held a app compatibility test.

And here is the result:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    there are incompatible manifest declaration
    IncompatibilityAlternative
    <uses-feature android:name="android.software.live_wallpaper" /> Live Wallpaper is not supported
    Maybe, it means Nokia X does not support live wallpapers?
    Is there any other alternative way by using LWC to make application for Nokia X series?
  2. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    I didn't know about Nokia X. I tried looking around for some information about this, but I couldn't find anything. By the looks of it though, it's not supported. Maybe the feature is called something else. I would imagine the Nokia uses a custom android rom. Anyway, these are just speculations :S
  3. Ramjet Active Member

Message Count:
    No lwp's :(

http://developer.nokia.com/community/wiki/Nokia_X_known_issues

fwiw, I uploaded 19 apps to nokia x (not lwp's... obviously...) a month ago and have a grand total of 3 installs! lol!

imho aptoide and mobile9 seem to be ok for lwp's, although mobile9 downloads don't seem to equate very accurately to ad network install data. I suspect downloads don't necessarily mean installs... aptoide is ok though + they don't particularly care about the content + you can email them to get certified developer status which helps a bit with visibility.

**edit

Just checked my nokia stats and now have 4 installs! WHOOOP! :D