Getting a error about lwc running out of memory

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by bsmooth1, Aug 18, 2013.

1. bsmooth1 Keeps coming back

Message Count:
    hello when i am trying to build my live wallpaper im am getting this error that i am out of memory. i tried look up the the error but cant not find a straight up answer. here is the text that pops up in my error log:

System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.
    at System.Drawing.Bitmap.Clone(Rectangle rect, PixelFormat format)
    at com.sbg.lwc.Util.cropImage(Image image, Rectangle cropRect)
    at com.sbg.lwc.FormMain.prepImages(String appName, String imageFilename, String cropHigh, String cropMid, String strPadColor, String

It also says a type 1 error. So i really unsure what caused lwc to run out of memory?

could sure use some help as to what exactly is causing this error
  2. fatos LWC Major

Message Count:
    hi bsmooth1 is this your first live wallpaper or you have made another ones before. Did you set right the java path
  3. bsmooth1 Keeps coming back

Message Count:
    @ fatos i have made dozens of other wallpapers over the weeks. the weird thing is that the error mentioned above only popped up when i was trying to make one particular wallpaper. After getting the error i tried making another wallpaper, called wallpaper 2, using another image in my work folder and it made it just fine. But i didn't not put any moving images in wallpaper 2; it was just a background image.

Yes i do have the java path set correctly as the numerous ones that i made before i did not have this problem. So im not sure as to how to eliminate the bitmap images. it keep saying its out of memory. Is it because my background image is to big or the 4 images that i wanted to use for the smaller images that move on the screen are to big of a file? or just to many of them trying to be inserted on the screen?

any help would be apperciated
  4. fatos LWC Major

Message Count:
    How much is the resolution of yours items...if they are too big try them a bit smaller
  5. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    What's the resolution of the background image you are using for your wallpaper?