New Android SDK version 5 from Leadbolt.

Discussion in 'Advertising Discussion' started by fatos, May 10, 2013.

1. fatos LWC Major

Message Count:
    LeadBolt launched the latest version of the Android SDK (version 5).
    Did anyone tried.Is the same way to implement it like previous SDK version 4 or not.
  2. Eraste Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    I emailed my account manager about it. The code is pretty much the same you could just swap out the SDK's... He told me in the email I didn't really need to update it was simply a "performance" update and our live wallpapers can't use all the options they offer anyway.

Here is his email back to me:
    Capture.PNG
  3. hubris In the know

Message Count:
    i was in the middle of integrating a bunch of apps with leadbolt when this went live. I was on a different computer and went to download the jar file and it just didn't look right. i also didn't remember having to choose what type to download. Then i figured out that it was the updated one.

When you go to downlaod it the site generates the type of jar file you need now depending on the type of ad you are using. You can use the universal one or a more specialized one.

the jar file is a totally different name and the pdf is a bit different.

I do wonder if avg and norton sill flag leadbolt as adware if you get the specialized ones.
  4. fatos LWC Major

Message Count:
    And my Leadbolt mentor is asking me to implement in my wallpapers entry and exit ad or app icon,but Im not sure,I dont want to overspam my users,maybe in the near future I will do it....
    Im wondering if I may use the old codes whith new Sdk,..till now no one didnt tried ?
    Maximus likes this.
  5. hubris In the know

Message Count:
    you cant because the jar file is named differently. so that has to be updated in the imports and calls for it.

Then the new one requires you to put your package name in a few places. Minor alterations.

I did notice the instructions left out about 3 permissions if you are only using notification ads. So that makes your app more appealing to potential users. BTW i put the leadbolt opt out app link in my description. Helps to reference it for bad reviews.

http://www.leadbolt.com/opt/app/
    or
    http://leadbolt.com/optout.apk
    Maximus likes this.
  6. fatos LWC Major

Message Count:
    I contacted my mentor he said to me that I can still use version 4.But we will appritiate any users experience whith Sdk 5,share with us any information
  7. hubris In the know

Message Count:
    i can share some screen shots sometime soon to point out the differences. Its not that many or very hard if you have seen the video on how to implement leadbolt into LWC to begin with.

The one thing i am not sure about is the naming of the jar file. i am not sure if the one the site generates for you is named the same each time, or if it gives a random name.
  8. fatos LWC Major

Message Count:
    when I woke up today in the morning Im seeing that all my leadbolt LW are requaring an update to new android sdk version 5,..:(
    wladca likes this.
  9. stollo770 LWC Major

Message Count:
    It doesn't matter which Leadbolt SDK you use. I'm using 4.0 because it can display full 320x50 banner ads, but some of my other live wallpapers (ones I don't care about) are still using 3.0. Use whatever you want and you'll be fine. The only thing new in 5.0 is the possibility of audio and video ads, which is completely useless for live wallpapers.
  10. fatos LWC Major

Message Count:
    thanks stollo for sharing this with us,..the word is in red SDK Update Required looks like is mandatory
  11. stollo770 LWC Major

Message Count:
    I can't see that red message in my account. Here is the official page for the update:

https://www.leadboltnetwork.net/publisher/dashboard/announcementView/id:122

It says at the end: "We recommend updating to this version of the SDK" which means that is not mandatory. Also, as I said, I have numerous live wallpapers that are still running Leadbolt's SDK version 3.0 and are doing just fine. The new SDK is required and not updating won't sever your live wallpapers from Leadbolt. All the updates do is give more features to developers and advertisers.
  12. stollo770 LWC Major

Message Count:
    Leadbolt releases new stuff every 2-3 months, it would be crazy to update every live wallpaper you had when that happened.

That being said, I wonder how @Vas and his team are going to handle/integrate these new updates, since LWC v 3.0 will not release the source code. They are going to have to keep up with every single update (minor and major) from every single ad agency when they release new stuff. That means that they will likely have to update v3.0 multiple times, forever. Or just release the source code and make everything easier.
  13. fatos LWC Major

Message Count:
    Soon you will see the red message to your Lws stollo....,I have 11 LWs and all have this red message near them,here is one of my Lws whith red message
    Bubbles HD Live Wallpaper [IMG] SDK Update Required
  14. fatos LWC Major

Message Count:
    totally agree whith you lol,we need the source code,for us and for LiveWallpaperCreator team everything will be more easier
  15. fatos LWC Major

Message Count:
    Im trying to implement the new leadbolt sdk,like Hubris mentioned it when you go to download the new Sdk you can select four types of jars,there is a general one whith all ad leadbolt types and there are other three jars: Display ads,Icon ads and Notification ads.I chosed Notification ads becuse I was using just the notifications to my Lw,..Im in the end of the implementation now,...but...after i created BootReceiver and added the required codes Im having a red <sdkpackagename>...any help please,there is another one red message in red for adcontroller but i know hot to fix it,I need help for <sdkpackagename>

here is the url pic of my problem http://tinypic.com/r/2exssnp/5
  16. hubris In the know

Message Count:
    yea that is kind of an odd explanation for that bit. this is how mine looks after i imported the new jar file.

import com.ysrpqqwnnnbrlzw.AdController;

if you have the new jar file imported do not put the import part in the top area. You should be able to hover your mouse over the AdController word and it should pop up a window for quick fixes. Dont click it just let you mouse sit there for a second. Then select the one that looks like the top selection in my example pic.

Attached Files:

17. fatos LWC Major

Message Count:
    yes but where is your <sdkpackagename> I cant see that on your picture,did you deleted the whole line
  18. hubris In the know

Message Count:
    yes delete the whole line

Code (text):
    import com.<sdkpackagename>.AdController;
    in the BootReciever.

That way when you hover your mouse over AdController and then select the top option for "quick Fixes" it will do its own import with the correct sdkpackagename already in it. see the next pic. but dont use the exact name i have because i am not sure its the same as yours.

Attached Files:

19. fatos LWC Major

Message Count:
    Yes I deleted the whole line and i fixed whith quick fixes and everything is good...,but are you sure Hubris this is the right way,did Leadbolt acepted your live wallpaper in this way
  20. hubris In the know

Message Count:
    i have about 16 apps currently using leadbolt and 8 of those were done with the latest version 5. Only 1 is a live wallpaper the others are all kinds of different types of apps.

All of them work, or i wouldn't be making money on them right now.

And that would be bad. very bad.........;)

I just switched over to leadbolt not too long ago and i am getting use to the new revenue stream that basically tripled my income from ads. Just sucked on timing because version 5 came out midstream of my implementation of leadbolt. so i have a half and half issue with my apps, half are 5 half are not. But i don't want to update the apps again so soon just to change to version 5. maybe in a month or so if i need to do an update anyway.