not working as expected

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by BlinkRiddle, Dec 16, 2013.

1. BlinkRiddle New Guy

Message Count:
    Hello, I'm new to this so forgive me.
    I have successfully set up a lwp with rotating items moving across the screen, however I have some issues.
    1-The items are only spawning on the right side of the screen. I've tried setting the spawn mode from border to center or random but it still spawns the objects on the right side of the screen. An example of what I'm trying to achieve is to have items falling from the top border.
    2-I can't for the life of me figure out how to make the wallpaper scroll with the screens. The device I am testing this on is set so that the wallpaper scrolls with the homescreens but my lwp won't.
    3-The items in the lwp run for a certain amount of time and then quit spawning altogether. This happens after about a minute and then I'm left with just my background displayed.
    I will continue searching on my own for how to fix this and will post the fix so that anyone else who is experiencing this can fix it, but I would appreciate any information on how to correct these issues and thank everyone in advance :)
  2. Ramjet Active Member

Message Count:
    Hi there, new here myself, but as the forum is pretty dead I'll have a go...

1. Set spawn mode to border, then in the item properties tab, in the 'Direction' section make the first setting 'Down' with a value of 270. It looks like the software takes the first setting as the default, so by default items should now drop down.

2. Some devices don't allow scrolling, for example, my HTC One X. I think the settings will allow scrolling when a compatible device is used.

3. Noticed this myself, no idea! :) Maybe something to do with the wake lock setting on a device? By default devices go into sleep mode pretty quick, maybe the creators haven't allowed for devices where sleep mode is longer, or turned off. Just guessing.
  3. BlinkRiddle New Guy

Message Count:

Hey thanks for the reply, as far as your guesses go, they're not too far off. After playing around with the creator I figured it out.

1-For a moment I thought the same as you in that 'down' had to be the first setting. What it actually was is the scaling, I had large items to display so that they would look crisper when scaled but when you scale an item down the program appears to scale it down and to the right, therefore all spawned items were shifted to the right or off-screen entirely.
    2-Your idea makes sense here, I am testing on my HTC One
    3-No idea what caused this specifically, but the fix for issue #1 fixed this issue as well. It's possible that items were spawning but were spawning too far off-screen.

Thanks again for your input, it is GREATLY appreciated. :)