Placed Affiliate

Discussion in 'Advertising Discussion' started by TroyJMorris, Mar 8, 2013.

1. TroyJMorris New Guy

Message Count:
    Hi all!

I've been speaking with Vas offline and he recommended I check out this forum and see if you all would be interested in a new way to monetize. I looked around and really dig the group and the mission! I love me some live wallpapers.

I work for a start-up market research company called Placed and we're piloting a new revenue monetization program that's perfect for wallpapers. It doesn't use ads or push notifications or require nearly anything in regards to user interaction to generate revenue.

I'm more than happy to answer any specific questions here or via email at troy@placed.com

A bit about the program:

Placed Affiliate measures device data, including location, for market research purposes only. We pay you on a per user basis. Our market research is only in the U.S., so payment is for U.S. users only.

It's a tiered system where first payment is tied to a user's first 7 days of activity, followed by recurring payments for each 30 days of data, giving you monthly revenue. As it's a pilot program, I can provide estimates individually.

Privacy is a big concern of ours, so we do require 3 opt-ins.
    1. Pre-install with Precise Location permissions,
    2. First run with a notification opt-in popup
    3. An "About" or "Settings" screen, where your user can opt-out again.
    Our SDK has the notification built-in and we have hooks for the additional screen that you can access the on/off of the SDK.
    It's great for wallpapers since, outside of opting in, the user doesn't have to interact with anything to generate revenue.

Again, I'd love to answer any questions and thanks for your time! Below is a sample of the initial app notification screen.

[IMG]
    Vas likes this.
  2. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    This is really cool, considering there are no actual ads shown to the users. If you have lots of US users, I would suggest you give it a shot.
  3. Eraste Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    Seems cool. Any easy ways to implement? Maybe a new tutorial!

Note 2 ftw
  4. TheShadow Active Member

Message Count:
    cool.any plan on making it for rest of the world?
  5. TroyJMorris New Guy

Message Count:
    Hi @eraste -- We're still in a closed and private beta but implementation is easy-- there's no major UI or UX changes. I think most devs get it completed in about 10-15 minutes.

@TheShadow -- No firm plans yet. We're a market research company first focusing on the United States, but International is never out of the question. That being said, we have many apps in our pilot that have users from all over the world, but the payouts filter for only U.S. users.

Thanks for the questions! Feel free to email me and we can get you into the program :) troy@placed.com
  6. Eraste Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    I am interested. I think I will look more into it after the release of livewallpaper creator 3.0!
  7. TroyJMorris New Guy

Message Count:
    Sweet! I look forward to your email then :)
  8. stollo770 LWC Major

Message Count:
    So what your program does is track and relay to you the personal information of it's users? You want to track and sell their data? Who are you selling this data to? And how many permissions does your software need? I'm assuming all of them.
  9. TroyJMorris New Guy

Message Count:
    We measure device data including location. The only personal information is the MAC or Android_ID, and that's to tie it back to you on our backend for payouts.

No personally identifiable information is ever accessible to 3rd parties. You can read more about our Privacy Pledge and that should also answer some of the questions you may have about our business overall :)

For Android, the permissions needed are:

Hope that helps! Let me know any other questions.
  10. TroyJMorris New Guy

Message Count:
    Hi everyone!

I just wanted to let you all know we're getting ready to publicly launch this program next week. If you're interested in getting in before the launch, I can guarantee you a minimum amount of revenue per month for 2 months-- a perfect way to test our program out!

Let me know if you're interested in getting in early and taking advantage of this guaranteed minimum (you'll probably make more, btw, but guarantees are always nice :)).

Thanks! (troy@placed.com)
    Vas likes this.
  11. TroyJMorris New Guy

Message Count:
  12. TroyJMorris New Guy

Message Count: