Translation in Google Play

Discussion in 'Archive - LWC 2.1' started by wladca, Apr 16, 2013.

1. wladca Active Member

Message Count:
    Hi guys !

I have a question ! When I uploaded apps to store I made default english language and it should be automatically translate to other languages but it doesn't for ex. I am from Poland and it should translate to polish but its still in english.In other Apps I see this auto translate.

I need to add other languages in information of app in developer console ? or maybe I left something ?

Thanks for help,

Alex
  2. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    You could use auto-translate in the old Google Play console. Now that it's deprecated, I don't think you can do that in the new one. You have to translate it manually.
    It used the Google Translate engine for all translations, so you could just use that and then paste the translated text.
  3. Vas Origin

Message Count:
  4. Eraste Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    Pretty neat. Would need a way to verify the translations lol would be a big oops if you used it and what was written meant something totally different!
  5. wladca Active Member

Message Count:
    So the best options atm is translate my apps in google translate and add new translations in developer console?
    All best apps have translate in a lot of languages , I hope when I'll make it , downloads will go up :p
  6. fatos LWC Major

Message Count:
    Guys what do you think,is it a plus or minus to use Add translations (automated translation) for my LWs at Developer Console.Sometimes Im having some negative reviews especialy from russians and germans,they think that ads are viruses.So if I add translations maybe I will prevent some negative reviews because in my descriptions everything is explained,including ad notifications.
    Any idea
  7. hubris In the know

Message Count:
    if they reply in another language use google translate to reply to them. if its short include both English and the other language. that's what i do and it seems to work well.
  8. fatos LWC Major

Message Count:
    I think there is a misunderstanding,Im not asking how to reply to my users.
    In store listing of developer console there is a an option to Add translation,to add automatic translations to your app description.Im wondering if it will be positive.