Google Play Developer Program Policy (“Content Policy”) Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fatos, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Eraste Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    Implementing them directly to the home screen..... This may make some folks (Google mad) but its possible because our apps are always open the ad unit is contained in the livewallpaper, in the other thread I put how to add audio ads, home screen floating ads is the same process, instead of putting your ad code in the livewallpaper settings java or splash java put it in your SBlivewallpaper java ( the main java file).
  2. stollo770 LWC Major

Message Count:
    So your saying if we put our ad code in SBlivewallpaper.java under the Oncreate meathod (like notifications), then our ads will pop up on the home screen of a user?

That would solve everthing, we can put all the ads we want in our settings menus/splash screens, but it wont matter, because the user only opens them once if at all. If we can get our stuff onto the home screen, I think we would be okay.
  3. stollo770 LWC Major

Message Count:
    Those floating bubble floating ads from leadbolt would work almost seamlessly with our live wallpapers.
  4. Eraste Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    @stollo770 theoretically yes. That is how it should work, that is how the audio ad works I used. After the user sets it and 4 minutes pass their phone starts talking to them lol. Tonight I will be doing more testing. However we need a way to set the time the floating ads appear, re appear etc. As it stands now if you implement them onto the home screen they would only appear once ( after the user sets the wallpaper the first time) and never again so your would be counting on them clicking it right then. The only time they would re appear is if the wallpaper is re initialized such as a reboot, re install, etc. We need a way to set them to re appear like the notification ads.
  5. stollo770 LWC Major

Message Count:
    Good notes. Do the floating ads appear above or below the home screen icons? I ask because I'm trying to think about user convience when they attempt to dismiss them. If the ad is above the icons then they can clear the ad easily, but if the ads are under the icons then it would be a pain the ass for the user to get to the X button to clear the ad. Audio ads seem pretty cool, because they don’t interfere with the live wallpaper’s graphics, the users experience and I’m assuming are easier to schedule. Out of curiosity (if you feel comfortable sharing), what are the ecmps that you have been getting with audio ads. I’m trying to gage what ad format I should put on the home screen. If the audio ads have a good ecpm rating, I’ll definitely choose them over anything else because, as I stated, would be better off for the user. Keep us posted on your research. You’re doing damn good work Eraste and I am very grateful for it.
  6. Eraste Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    I left the audio ads in for two days and made roughly $7 in two apps.
    I haven't been able to get floating ads to work on the home screen yet ( crashes as soon as you install it). I have taken the audio ads out for now because I am trying to figure out a way to "trigger" them.

I may put the audio ads in the Splash.java file for now until we can figure out how to trigger them on the home screen more efficiently.
  7. stollo770 LWC Major

Message Count:
    That’s not a bad amount of money for the audio ads considering they were only going off once. Maybe you can leave them in the sblivewallpaper.java and build a trigger to restart the entire live wallpaper application in X amount of time. If you can’t do that then perhaps writing something to restart the entire phone in X amount of time is better. Maybe have the live wallpaper watch the system clock and reboot the phone at a certain time. I have no idea if any of these are possible, just throwing out suggestions.
  8. stollo770 LWC Major

Message Count: