Pole Barn

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by darcietyndall, Jul 4, 2022.

1. darcietyndall New Guy

Message Count:
    So I've been thinking about building a shed out of metal poles for a very long time. Somewhere around 40'x30' x 14', and I think this year I could do it.
    Some additional information: I would like to install a double-post lift weighing 10 thousand pounds later. I'll run electricity and maybe water into the shed. I would use a wood-burning stove or a propane garage heater as a heat source, and since I won't be working here on a regular/daily basis, I'm not sure whether to insulate a metal building or not.
    Thank you for any information or experience you can share.
  2. MarcoPoloG New Guy

Message Count:
    I built my 25X33 in 2021. I have 13's under the roof trusses with an 19X11' door.
  3. Fairdoub New Guy

Message Count:
    When I needed to build a metal pole barn, I just called my old friend, a roofing contractor. He works for an Indianapolis roof company, and they are one of the best companies in our city. I always call him when I have roofing questions. Anyways, I asked him how to build it better and what coverage to choose. He told me that the most used and the cheapest one is metal. Everyone chooses it, and the whole barn will cost less than $20 000 for me in this case. And I don’t remember its size anymore, but something like 36X48. So, you can call the local contractors and ask them because they usually know better.