Cannot Upload to Google Play

Discussion in 'Archive - LWC 2.1' started by stollo770, Nov 7, 2012.

1. stollo770 LWC Major

Message Count:
    Hello all, I am recently having a problem when I attempt to upload my lwp's to google play. It keeps telling me:

"The package name of your apk (mycompanyname.livewallpapername) is invalid. Package names must start with a character and can only contain characters, numbers, underscores and dots. They must have at least one dot, cannot end with a dot, and cannot contain any runs of more than one consecutive dot."

Obviously I did not name my package mycompanyname.livewallpapername but the actual name on the package did not have any numbers, multiple dots, or anything wrong with it. I initially thought that I screwed something up in eclipse, but then I attempted to upload a fresh untouched lwp generated directly from LWP creator and got the same results. I then tried to upload another lwp that worked in the past (two days ago) and got the same results. Anyone know what this is? Any suggestions or help?
  2. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    Does it have capital letters in it?
  3. stollo770 LWC Major

Message Count:
    It does indeed. All my lwps past and present do. The capitals are in the company name.
  4. Vas Origin

Message Count:
    That seems to be the issue. Google evidently made some changes recently that no longer allow such package names to be uploaded. You are not the only one with this issue. By convention, you are not supposed to have capitals in your package name, but for some reason it has gone unnoticed on Google Play before...until now. I'm not sure what the resolution at this time would be. You can try contacting them with the issue.
  5. stollo770 LWC Major

Message Count:
    Thanks Vas. Google customer support is useless but I fixed it by re-naming my keystore file so my company name was in all lowercase letters. LWC still saves lwp's created with the lowercase name to the same folder and Google play still accepts updates over the capital letter company file. I really don't know why google is being so anal about capital letters, but whatever. Thanks for the help.
  6. Maximus Seasoned Vet

Message Count:
    Hey Stollo, I had this same issue and I emailed Google support. They said you can get around it by using their new layout.

However by the time I read that, they just fixed the issue haha. Everything should be working now!
    stollo770 likes this.
  7. stollo770 LWC Major

Message Count:
    Thanks for the information Maximums!
    Maximus likes this.